Therapeutic Foster Care Services
- Therapeutic Foster Parents &
Foster Parents Needed
- What will be expected of me?
Alamance Academy acknowledges that fostering is a significant commitment to a child in need. Therefore, foster parents of Alamance Academy agree to:
- Work as a team/accept assistance and follow suggestions;
- Develop and nurture a strong support system;
- Advocate for the child(ren) whom we serve;
- Actively participate in all aspects of care (schooling, counseling, medical care, court dates, etc.);
- Be honest and transparent about sharing information including changes in household, employment and any medical or personal changes that alter your ability to provide care;
- Use Foster Care funds appropriately;
- Maintain licensing standards in your home;
- Be available for DSS and Alamance Academy home visits;
- Attend required trainings;
- Reach out for help;
- Refrain from using corporal punishment on all children in your home;
- Treat foster children with the same privileges and rights as you would/do your own children;
- Assist foster children in pursuing their passions and talents; and Be a source of nurturing care, persistent involvement, and ceaseless encouragement to the children in your home
Mental Health Assessments:
- Our team of clinicians provide mental health assessments and substance abuse assessments to assist individuals in receiving services that are appropriatefor their needs. Assessments are provided for children, teens and adults.
Individual Support Services:
- The Alamance Academy ISS team works with individuals to identify desired services and activities to establish links with the community to achieve their desired goals. The program is tailored to each individual.
- The Alamance Academy provides behavioral health services to assist people and their families that suffer from the disease of addiction. We understand the life altering consequences involved with substance use and strive to facilitate change in a consumer's life. Our mission involves providing the care needed to support consumers in recovery and foster development of new life skills to maintain sobriety.
OPT (Outpatient Therapy):
- Licensed professionals are available to provide individual and family counseling. Convenient evening hours are available.